If you are planning for this year’s prom and are thinking about wearing a red dress, you have come to the right place. We talked to a few top fashion designers about how to up a red dress and here are some of their thoughts.
- Black & Gold – For the sleek, sexy look, it simply has to be a combination of black and gold; chunky gold jewellery adds bling, while black high-heel stilettos complete the look. Experiment with the accessories you have and anything you need can be sourced online. A black Louis Vuitton bag would make for the perfect accessory if you can afford it!
- Black Or White Belt – A great contrast and break up of your look, a thin white belt with gold tips would be perfect; black also works, and remember to keep things balanced. Fashion accessories can easily be sourced online and when you shop online, you save money. There are more ways to accessorise a red dress. For more tips, a quick search online should lead you to related articles.
- Consider A Shawl Or Scarf – Temperatures are dropping and a fall prom requires a shawl or perhaps a scarf. There’s nothing worse than cold arms, especially when you are posing for your Instagram pics, plus the extra layer adds some depth to your look. Whether red or white, a shawl or scarf will keep you warm at the end of the evening and you may already own the perfect accessory.
- Black Fur Jacket – This is the right time of year for a jacket and a black, artificial fur jacket is the perfect warmth layer. If you would like some inspiration, Google Images can bring you thousands of black fur jacket photos, which might help you find the right design.
- Pairing With White – Red and white go together; white shoes, pearl jewellery, and a white clutch bag are all great ways to up your look. If you are planning to buy one of those stunning red long sleeve prom dresses from the leading designer dress boutique, white accessories will surely nail it! If ever there was an occasion for matching pearls, this would be it!
- Animal Print Jacket – As far as jackets go, why not opt for a cool leopard print? Check out the online boutique for animal print clothing, as red goes with all the animal prints. Of course, investing in a cool new jacket is wise at this time of year, as you will be able to make good use of it through the winter months.
Choosing A Red Dress
If you have yet to source the dress, start with a Google search for ‘designer dress boutiques’ and see what they have. They offer creations from top designers and as they have no expensive retail store to manage, you can save some serious money when you buy a designer dress online. If you were thinking a few thousand dollars, you’ll be happy to learn that some of their dresses are well under the $1,000 mark. You can search by price, say $300-$500, or $1,000-$1,500, which saves you time.Styling Tips For Red Dresses
Leave a Reply