A is considered to be a portrayer of the rich Indian culture and heritage. It has been worn and admired by women of all ages since time immemorial. Every lehenga choli is an example of India’s fine craftsmanship and unmatched artistry. For all special occasions, a lehenga choli is the foremost choice of Indian women.
The versatility of this attire can be matched by none. With every passing era, the designers have revamped and redesigned this outfit to match the tastes and preferences of the people while keeping its ethnicity intact. This means the latest lehenga designs are just an upgrade to the traditional ones. There are a few ways to give a modern touch to this piece of grace.
Use an extra dupatta as an accessory
A dupatta adds elegance to the outfit, and adding an extra to it would mean doubling the charm. Here are a few ways you can carry an additional dupatta with your lehenga choli:
- Take two dupattas of different fabrics that go well with each other. Use one to wrap around your body and the other one to cover your head.
- Select two dupattas of contrasting colors that look mesmerising and not exaggerated together.
- To flaunt your ethnicity a little more, add a dupatta in traditional prints and fabrics like Banarasi or bandhani, etc.
Add decorative elements
The secret to lighten up your lehenga in the most economical way is to add the right decorative accessories. Here are a few that you must never forget:
- Catchy Tassels- Adding a complimenting tassel to your lehenga can elevate your outfit and help you amp up the glam.
- Attractive laces- Laces with gorgeous work like cutdana, gotapatti etc can notch up your lehenga in the most subtle yet graceful manner.
- Vibrant Motifs- Adding motifs to your lehenga can take its glam game a level up. A plain lehenga can be glamourised by adding motifs on the blouse, dupatta or even the skirt.
Jewel it up right!
Wearing the right jewels can add more glamour and Indianness to your outfit. It is like the cherry top on the cake and an ethnic staple. Here’s how you must select your jewelry:
- Neckline- If you’re wearing a deep-neck blouse, go for a long neckpiece. A choker accurately compliments a boat neck or round neck blouse.
- Color- Select a contrasting pair of jewels or go monochrome but wear whatever suits your aesthetic the best.
- Dupatta- You must select your jewelry based on the way you’re going to drape your dupatta and also keep in mind its shade.
Layers add Magic
Laying is an art that if implied correctly can make you be the showstopper. These are a few things that will help you layer it right:
- Balance- Select jewelry that matches the aesthetics of your lehenga and does not exaggerate it.
- Color- Either go for a contrasting color or a similar shade as per your preferences.
- Proportion- Make sure to go for jewelry that compliments the silhouettes and prints of the lehenga to make your look wholesome.
Today, you can find lehenga choli in various varieties for all occasions. An additional tip to slay that ethnic look be it a lehenga, or , it is best to select something that makes you feel yourself.
Add the Extra Glam to Your Lehenga With These Tipslehenga cholisaree