It’s a new year and the majority of us have set new goals to reach and resolutions to keep. Finances an keeping on top of them is always a top item on everybody’s list. As great appreciators of all things fashion and therefore shopping, here are few quick tips on how to stay shop savvy and save some coins this year:
- Never pay full price for an item if you can. Keep up to date with sales, special offers and clearance items. Signing up to a brand’s newsletter usually get’s you a percentage off. Remember, 99% of the time, there’s always a voucher somewhere!
- Compare prices online. Different retailers have different. Be sure to compare a few retailers who stock the same product to be sure you are getting the cheapest offer.
- Use credit catalogues to find out the best buy now pay later payment options which allow you to buy what you want right away whilst paying nothing for a set period of time. Credit catalogues are the perfect solution for a huge range of people from those who struggle to save. Creditcatalogues.org.uk features a great range of
- Beware of the sale. Do not purchase items on sale that you normally would not purchase. If you feel it’s something you really don’t need then don’t buy it. Never buy something you don’t need just because it’s on offer.
- Negotiate When Possible. Some prices are set in stone, and it’s a waste of time trying to negotiate with someone who won’t budge. However, when you think there’s some wiggle room, consider negotiating and bartering. I love independent shops and vintage/thrift stores because they are the best for bartering.
- Delay your checkout time. Some stores will send you a notification email if you abandon your cart. Usually the said email has a voucher code to encourage you to complete your purchase. How convenient! Be careful though to not miss out on a hot selling item by doing this. Be sure the retailer is known to send out reminders before trying this.
- Every point counts. Remember to use your rewards especially when shopping at stores that offer a rewards card. Many times my nectar points or Boots point card have saved the day. Make sure your points are added on everytime you shop. Every penny counts for something.
Do you have any shopping tips? If you do, let us know how you keep your financial resolutions whilst still securing a few bargains.