The Royal Kingdom of Thailand has always been at the top of the top tourist destination list; more than 30 million people visited the Land of Smiles in 2018, pre-pandemic numbers are estimated to be surpassed in 2023, as more people discover the many attractions in this unique land.
If you have Thailand on your shortlist, here are some good reasons to cross off the other destinations and start looking at flights.
- Unique Thai culture – Once you experience the warmth and friendliness of the Thai people, you will understand why so many travellers choose this unique Southeast Asian nation. Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country to avoid colonisation, which means their culture has not been influenced by Western thinking. Book a hotel on Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok and explore the city, before heading down to the south, where tropical beaches await!
- Low cost of living – Your holiday budget will go much further in Thailand than most other countries. Of course, tourists usually end up paying a little more than they should, but even so, your dollar will go a long way. Street food is not only delicious, but also ridiculously cheap, plus small restaurants where you can order local cuisine; travel is cheap, you can book a sleeper compartment on a train to the southern part of the country for just a few dollars.
- Tropical beaches – Most of us love nothing more than relaxing on a white sand on a tropical paradise island, with locations like Samui Island and Phuket; with 5-star resorts to cater for your every need. There are a couple of islands on the Eastern seaboard, namely Koh Samet and Koh Chang, which are less developed than Phuket or Samui Islands and only a few hours from Bangkok. Click here for creative travel ideas to inspire you.
- Explore Northern Thailand – If you are booking a month, you can divide your time between the southern beaches and the mountainous north, with a week in Bangkok. Chiang Mai is the northern capital city, while further north is Chiang Rai, which is the entrance to the Golden Triangle. If you are into hiking, you can meet the hilltribe people and see how they live, with guided tours that immerse you in natural beauty. If you don’t fancy an active holiday, there are spa resorts where you can rest and meditate in a calm and tranquil ambience.
- All-inclusive holiday packages – The 5-star resorts offer all-inclusive packages and with everything onsite, you can relax in comfort. Google can help you locate the best deals and if you are able to fly at short notice, there are some last-minute cancellations at very affordable prices. Family-friendly resorts are designed to cater to young kids and with child-minding services available, you can enjoy some private time.
The Internet hosts a wealth of resources on Thailand and the more you know about this unique land, the richer your holiday experience will be!