- InOOTD

OOTD: Casual Chic

November 20, 2015

duster coat white 1

Casual chic. Isn’t that just fashion-speak forΒ ‘basic’? And is it me or do white coats always look medical?

Who else gets that from white coats? This outfit was giving me serious doctor vibes…

So casual chic…You can just tell I had run out of titles. Can someone link me to a an OOTD title generator if one exists πŸ™ ???

But what’s is chic though? It’s the most commonly used term on blogs and magazines these days.

Effortless chic. Casual chic. Sexy chic. Flawless chic. Thot chic…????

Like saying someone looks chic just means they wearing ripped jeans and a t-shirt but they still look too cool for school. And as easy as it sounds, only a few people can manage to pull that off. For years Kate Moss had me fooled. I thought all I needed was some ripped jeans, a tee with a few holes in it and some raggedy boots. Nah. I tried it but I flopped like Meek Mill’s comeback.

But seriously, a lot of times we actually look our best when we’re dressed down AND chic. I gave dressing up for a ‘blog outfit’ a miss last week and just took these pictures on our way out.Β Even though my version of dressing down will sometimes involve heels because my height situation means I just can’t feel cool without them.

What are your ultimate closet go-to items for when you can’t be bothered to put on a show?

I would take my skinny jeans, a duster coat, cami top/t-shirt and barely there heels any day.

What does ‘chic’ mean to you?

PS: This bag is one of my finds from my vintage hunt last week. I told you I found gold that day!

OUTFIT: Boohoo white duster coat, Hotsoles sandals, Asos ribbed cami dress, Bag from Cow Vintage

duster a duster coat boohoo 5 a duster white coat 0 a duster white jacket a duster white coat boohoo a boohoo duster whit coat duster coat white 1

1. achomartha says:

Amazing pics girl! Love your blog. What do you think about doing a blog post with some other Cameroonian fashion bloggers? I’ll be down. Those heels are hot! And Ur hair is amazingggg!!! More grease hun!

2. Lily Rose says:

I love the white coat paired with black dress and the pop of red. Such a nice contrast! <3
    Hope you have a lovely weekend ahead!

-Lily

3. I’m definitely not getting any medical vibes from this look at all. AT ALL.
    Casual chic is weird to me too. But basically I just pair the shit I would normally with sneakers, with heels. Or shit that normally works with heels, with sneakers.
    But obviously you don’t need fashion advice from me because chile you stay slaying.

4. Yessss! You are working this outfit! Love the white coat! It doesn’t remind me of the medical field, but if I were a doctor, I would find a way to wear this to work. Ha! My “go to” lazy look would have to be heels or loafers, jeans, a graphic tee, and a long coat (cold weather) or blazer (warm weather).
    Hope you have a great weekend love! xx

5. Lora by Lora says:

This is sexy chic πŸ™‚

6. julie2793 says:

I love this look!! Perfect for any occasion πŸ™‚ and by the way I am obsessing over that vintage red coat you scored…I’m going to have to hunt for one of my own now!

7. theoluchi says:

You always slay your outfits.. In love with the duster coat ❀❀❀

8. Bookie says:

Casual chiccc!
    Love the color of those sandals.

9. DJS & STYLE says:

You look so gorg! You’re always killing it!

10. deckermaria says:

what a stunning outfit in combination with a gorgeous smile! just perfect!

11. Cheryl says:

Love it! Your pics are giving me life , we need this new camera secret oo lol. Love the hair too 😍

12. Summer Daisy says:

You look gorgeousβ™₯

summerdaisy.net

13. deefordana says:

I love this casual CHIC look! And no, it doesn’t give you that doctor vibes! I actually love itt..
    My ultimate go to item is a basic T-shirt and my ripped jeans!