OOTD: Earning My Stripes

May 18, 2015

birthday jumpsuit 11a

I’m absolutely loving my new job. Unfortunately, I can’t even so much as look at my phone talk less of updating the blog because I’m super busy all day. Last night, I got around to sorting these pictures (while everyone else was watching the billboard awards).Β

Took these on my 28th birthday (May 6th) while we were headed out for a quiet meal. There was no big partay or as Instagram calls it, #TURNUP. These days I prefer to turn up on my couch with a glass of Cava and a good series lined up. Thank God for making me feel at 28 like I’ve earned my stripes. Only coming to terms too with saying my age out loud, so yeah I must be getting wiser too lol. I’m one of those people who still feel like it’s their birthday until their zodiac season is over and Taurus season is almost over. WELP! πŸ™ Β #StopTheClocks!

That being said, stripes are one of my favourite trends. I own a myriad of striped clothing. Stay braced for my stripy OOTDs.

Wearing: New Look stripe jumpsuit and Rose Gold mules.

birthday jumpsuit 3 birthday jumpsuit 4a birthday jumpsuit 7 birthday jumpsuit 8 birthday jumpsuit 10Β Β birthday jumpsuit 12 birthday jumpsuit 14 birthday jumpsuit 15a birthday jumpsuit 16 birthday jumpsuit 17a birthday jumpsuit 18aΒ Β birthday jumpsuit 22 birthday jumpsuit 23

xo

LydieΒ

1. You look gorgeous and happy too. You mules are so fine, love them. Have a lovely week. That new job? ?☺
    Cheers, Mojisola

2. Dana Fashina says:

I saw this on Instagram and immedaiately headed over here!
    You look FABULOUS!!
    I am HERE for those shoes though…chiiiiiiiiiile

3. Isn’t it amazing how in our late 20’s, our perspective of a good time has changed?! I was OK with no partying for my birthday too… Totally over that stuff!

Well my dear, 28 looks great on you πŸ™‚ u are rocking that jumpsuit to perfection and those shoes are pretty awesome too!

4. MercyK says:

I’m here for the shoes 😍😍😍😍

5. moonstone34 says:

Happy belated birthday!! Jumpsuit heaven! And those mules…28 is looking good on you πŸ™‚
    It’s funny how our perspectives change on what qualifies as a good nite as we get older… I spent my last birthday at home!lol

xo, jackie
    stylemydreams.com

6. I’ve just furthered my understanding of the power of stripes

7. Bookie says:

I love those mules!
    I always live for your accessories and happy birthday hun!

8. onachicdiet says:

those shoes are gorgeous!, i love stripes too…great look as usual πŸ™‚

9. carol says:

you look amazing! I have this jumpsuit too and cant wait to style it! love the mules and that hair was made for you!

carol x
    reginalondon.com

10. Ngem says:

Happy belated birthday hun! 28 sure does look good on you and those shoes make it look even better. I need that in my closet #onahunt

11. Naeun says:

Happy belated birthday! That jumpsuit is just gorgeous on you and I love how you have earned your stripes πŸ™‚ xx

12. Asa says:

Happy belated birthday! Glad you’re enjoying your new job. You look great!

13. Completely loving this jumper! Happy belated birthday as well!!

14. colleenwelsch says:

That jumpsuit is so freaking cute! I can’t get enough of stripes lately. Happy belated birthday!

COOCOO FOR COCO

15. April Nunez says:

Wow! I love your outfit, you look stunning!

April of: https://beybiapril.wordpress.com
    Instagram: @aprilnunezzz

16. Well you’ve certainly earned your stripes, fab jumpsuit and the metallic shoes give it a 70s glam feel.Hope you enjoyed your Born Day!

17. Lora by Lora says:

You look fabulous. Xx

18. This jumpsuit is fabulous on you! SO chic!
    xo