ABY LIFE: Lydia & Mathew Tie The Knot

April 5, 2014

On Saturday 22 February 2014 at 12h50, I officially became Mrs Warke.

‘Twas a chilly yet bright day. The perfect weather for the perfect pair.

Clinkin’ glasses, ale-sippin’, and libel pouring…Who am I kidding? There’s no I could finish a whole post in good ole English à la Chaucer.

What went down was this:

On Saturday the 22 February I walked down the aisle of the Birmingham Registry with the most amazing man.

It still feels surreal.

I couldn’t have made it through this day without all the FANTASTIC friends and family that supported Mathew & I on the day. Even those that couldn’t make it relived every moment with me via Watsapp 😉

I can’t thank God enough for sending me Mathew who through me has penchant for Fashion Blogging. Well, Photography at the very least. He’s had to photograph me for every SINGLE Outfit Of The Day post since I started this blog.He did try to whine himself out of chipping in on the blog a couple of times (especially on cold mornings, bless him) but I that’s what he gets for being with a Photo junkie. Hehehe.

This post has been a long time coming so I won’t drag this on even though I have tonnes of silly ‘Matty Anecdotes’ to share. Like that one time when he tried his hand at Camer Cuisine, behind my back mind you, and cooked Ndole and Cassava, oh dear. Which turned out surprisingly good albeit him using milk in the Ndole…but I digress.

Anyhoo, here are our official wedding snaps. The first couple we actually took after the wedding. And they were taken by the very talented Madara of Madara Kurtisa Photography.

I wanted to keep my look very simple and relaxed. I knew this dress was IT as soon as I saw it. It’s the season to be NUDE. So I paired the dress with Nude Louboutin Pigalle 100 heels and a blush pink clutch.

IMG_5167

IMG_5259

IMG_5129 IMG_5133 IMG_5134 IMG_5136 IMG_5139 IMG_5141

IMG_5210

IMG_5144 IMG_5150 IMG_5153 IMG_5160 IMG_5165 IMG_5171 IMG_5174

IMG_5177

IMG_5179-3 IMG_5180 IMG_5183 IMG_5185 IMG_5189 IMG_5198 IMG_5213 IMG_5228 IMG_5249 IMG_5276 IMG_5283 IMG_5295 IMG_5298 IMG_5299

civil wedding outfit altAnJ16pPURncK9Duosku1zbMOGkbckwBNg62v88sPc4Wn[1]

Pictures from the Wedding Reception:

Nathalie opened the reception with a powerful word of prayer.

DSC_9838new

DSC_9746 DSC_9770 (1) DSC_9803 DSC_9888 (1)

IMG_2760new IMG_2764new IMG_2790new IMG_2839new

DSC_0053 (1)new DSC_0055new DSC_0067new DSC_0068 (1)new DSC_9510new DSC_9523new DSC_9567new DSC_9594new DSC_9611new DSC_9636new DSC_9649 (1)new DSC_9650new DSC_9766 DSC_9793new DSC_9872 (1)new DSC_9885new DSC_9886 (1)new DSC_9907 (1)ndew DSC_9910new DSC_9915new DSC_9921new DSC_9928new DSC_9933new DSC_9940 (1)new DSC_9941new DSC_9951new DSC_9972new DSC_9993new altAk1pT32EsMH6kf-Z0xwcHkZR_PQ8txS12RrqE59bWnrq altAkJNzNh7bCoTXz1vIOGEbhf9skCwBzorzAq0bsbDXvnJ altApM3gLH4Kw_ih-4psUvHpP2zVlC13rOK6C_W4NV8UT5t altAqbjkWhAQdkfB5L7LQAr5B96qf6PaXsQd6q_N91S1zvI altAqBOsfl4-ez4c-i407x_G08oN6h5vcA8NPrr7Urg2zlm altArM_YGENJCrecZBHU2cxyrOfnxQhv05dyE1bBsVM56DG altAuEpjToZGUAYBsjCOXlDaaNz-C7C2sLBlbwNMhAEz54f

DSC_9862 copy DSC_9850 DSC_9849 DSC_9832 DSC_9810 DSC_9807 lyd DSC_9574 DSC_9580 DSC_9593

IMG_2762 IMG_2770 IMG_2771 IMG_2772DSC_9625 DSC_9544 DSC_9797 DSC_9629 DSC_9529 copy DSC_9493

IMG_2820 IMG_2746 IMG_2751 IMG_2752 IMG_2787 IMG_2794

DSC_9476 DSC_9485 altAkuOYjn3GU6zR0o8JcvUXgMIu7dMpYPaNRHIa3ktzmkE DSC_9950 copy DSC_9981 altAsZ4evmh6aboWFrRYRcl4aSYzhhmBoOSYAOcwyYXuDom DSC_0005 DSC_9993 DSC_0019gg DSC_0060 DSC_9952 DSC_9948 DSC_9933 DSC_9940 DSC_9943

DSC_9916

DSC_9658 DSC_9490 DSC_9513 DSC_9578 DSC_9687 (1) DSC_9691 (1) DSC_9718 DSC_9739 DSC_9818 DSC_9861 (1) DSC_9903 (1) DSC_9904

DSC_9919 DSC_9929

DSC_0009 DSC_0011 DSC_0019 (1) DSC_0028 DSC_0029 DSC_0032 DSC_0046 DSC_0047 DSC_0048 DSC_9491 DSC_9510 DSC_9540 DSC_9550

DSC_0070

DSC_9908 (1)DSC_9569 DSC_9590 DSC_9611 DSC_9614 DSC_9615 DSC_9653 DSC_9654 DSC_9665 DSC_9784 DSC_9801 DSC_9807 copy DSC_9825 DSC_9826 DSC_9952 DSC_9990 copy

1. Congratulations!!!!!! That’s so awesome and the photos are amazing. Very cute couple you are indeed. Beautiful dress Lydia! God bless you both forever

2. Agnes says:

Congratulations my dear…happy married life!

3. Tiki Louisa says:

Awwww, sweet pics, you guys look lovely, may God bles you with the desires of your heart.

4. Nelo says:

Welcome to the real world girl, am going to put you in pray. That you may find favour from God. Congrats dear

5. Jacinto Moreno says:

Felicitaciones Sra Waker, que Dios la acompañe y continúe bendiciéndola en esta nueva etapa de su vida.

6. Becky Manga says:

These are gorgeous.

7. Becky Manga says:

These are gorgeous.Nice dress.Ah must small fr dt dress k.lol.Congrats again.

8. searsridly@yahoo.com says:

classy n simple

9. Jovy Rayne says:

Congratulations gal!!! your look was super HAWT!!!! the LWD n nude heels were so on point 🙂 beautiful pics u got here

10. afroshichome says:

Reblogged this on FAMMO MAG and commented:
    HOW TIME FLIES.PRETTY BRIDE AND GROOM OF THE YEAR.oUR VERY OWN FASHION BLOGGER FINALLY TIES THE KNOT AND IS NOT MRS WARKE.ALL WE CAN SAY IS BEAUTFUL WEDDING DRESS,WE LOVE THE SHOES AND THE CLUTCH..

11. Pretty says:

Yaaaay! Finally 😀 Congratualtions again, luv. You both look sobeautiful andso happy!

12. Yef says:

Wow wow.. I can’t get enough of these pics! Congratulations

13. CONGRATULATIONS!
    Youwere a lovely bride. Thank you for sharing it with us.

14. tarahsaint says:

Aw! Congrats, love! God bless you both.

15. SMK says:

You look beautiful and so happy! Congratulations on your big day. ay God bless you with many happy moments 🙂

16. cheri406 says:

You Look Amazing! So does he! Thrilled for you, the hubby and entire family!

May God Bless you, your Marriage and Family with Much Love, Heath, Happiness and with all that is Good Always! =D

Best Wishes! =D

17. Jane Pallister (formerly Warke) says:

You and Matthew look so happy and I think you look beautiful. I am so pleased my nephew has found true happiness and hope that you both have a very long and wonderful life together. Jane Pallister

18. Ifeoma says:

Awww you look gorgeous and both of you look soo happy, it looks like it was a blessed day. Congratulations! (your legsssss *lovestruck*) :p

19. olakunmi says:

Congratulations
    Happy Married Life!

20. Ohh Congratulations on your wedding. You guys took some really beautiful pictures…

21. Cheryl says:

Congratulations Lydie…this is soo beautiful, that dress is a wow,then the shoe,clutch, hair, makeup is flawless…your Hubby got taste, how can i forget that cake,hmmmm, plus did you get a stylist for ur guest? Mehnnn they were sharp and put-together lol…May God bless your Union every step of the way dear.

22. OMG Aidyl I was sooooooo happy for you upon reading this and looking at your gorgeous pictures. I hope your special day was nothing short of memorable and I wish you both a lifetime together filled with joy and happiness and lots of gorgeous caramel babies with curly hair. Haha 🙂 CONGRATULATIONS!!!

23. Ruth Chung Buh says:

Congratulations Lydie. Wish you both the very best in your union. Greetings and lots of love from your fellow Camer sister. Oh love your blog by the way 🙂

24. Tiki says:

Idylle! Couldn’t this wait until summer so I could be up front and center? Congratulations Mr and Mrs Warke! I shall be bringing y’all some frozen palm wine and kolanuts come summer, so that our ancestors can be informed lol.

Loved the shoes, the hair, the dress, your flowers (!), etc etc. God bless you and Mathew with all the happiness, joy, peace and fruitfulness which a marriage ordained by God can enjoy!

25. Well done, you bagged yourself a fine hubby-lots of joy in the future and please go the African style, a boat load of kids.

26. I HAVE DIED! Lmaoo
    You know I saw thes epics as soon as you posted over the weekend but was on my phone. Just got a new laptop and viewing them on it! You know how eagerly I was waiting for this post! CONGRATULATIONS HUN! With all these people I know getting married, my own must come before my eggs dry Amen?? Lol
    All the best!

27. Congrats Lydia, Wish you guys the very best. Your nails were so beautiful and your dress and shoes and clutch lol. You were a beautiful bride

28. Sushi says:

Tearing up!! I love every one of the photos! My all time favourite couple!

• MsAidyl says:

Sushi, your first comment in years. lol. I needed this post to bring you back to ABY! Thanks my love you looked flawless on the day too…not more than me though! lol x

29. Dolly says:

Votre mariage est tellement simple, féerique et chic! J’ai beaucoup aimé vos photos qui reflètent très bien votre complicité et l’amour qui vous entoure. Très longue vie à votre union!
    Une Follower 🙂

30. Sunshine says:

Congratulations fashionista! loving the pigalle combi nails and purse ensemble. Wishing you all the best.
    Ca m’etonne! Je demande eh! some of your guest (2per) don’t know dress code?! Is it ” I must find hussy by fire by force?!”
    Keep the fashion trends rolling.

Love your attention to detail reception dress.

31. jayajade says:

congratulations love! Wish you both the most amazing years ahead

32. You looked absolutely beautiful and I am so so happy for you. God bless your marriage. I’m already thinking of the beautiful children y’all are gonna have. Congratulations love

33. The way he looks at you makes my heart smile! I can tell from the pictures how pure you lots love is for each other. I lovvveddd this very intimate wedding!

34. Taurai D says:

Guuuurrrrlll! (have no idea why I went all American there seeing as am African) but them legs thuuuurr definitely deserved a change of accent! You looked absolutely gorgeous and dead on trend! You both looked so happy! Be blessed always x

35. Dana Fashina says:

Ahhh!
    I’m in LOVE with these photos!!
    You two look so incredible and you are absolutely STUNNING.
    Love it and please accept my delayed congratulations!

36. Jennifer Oke says:

Reblogged this on Fashion Review and commented:
    … another beautiful wedding piece 🙂

37. Sheila says: