Everyone has a bad hair day. At least once fortnightly. That is the scary bitter truth. Instead of panicking, and letting your hair bring you down all day, it is best to have in mind tips that will always come in handy on such days. When you get a new hairstyle, you have these cool ideas in your head that you just cannot wait to try out. You start experimenting these style ideas and only in the space of a week you’ve exhausted every single one of them. What next? You start getting bored with your hair, which leads to resenting it, which then leads to you not taking care of it…and we all know what happens to neglected hair (bought or natural). People start mistaking you for the Mad Hatter (Google it if you don’t know what he looks like) and we sure do not want that to happen.
I wrote this post to help inspire you on days when you feel stuck on what to do with your locks. I know that are all sorts of girls out there; from the natural sistas, to the bold and bald stunners, to my weave loving girls, to the braided beauties. The list carries on. There is a hair idea for everyone. I have sectioned the list into categories so that it’s easier to know where you belong and look there. That’s why it took me ages to publish this post. Hope it inspires someone on a bad hair day.
I am splitting this post in two partsbecause it was initially too bulky to cover everything in one post and I did not want to rush over the ideas. As you can see there are more than 100s of them. Part One will include all the natural hairstyles that I can think of. And hey, if you’ve got hair ideas of your own to share please post them below or send them to email@example.com and I’ll add them on.
Meanwhile, let’s get…hairy! Oooooh, that didn’t sound so pleasant. Who cares? Let’s carry on!
NATURALS: The Bald, The Bold & The Beautiful.
1. The Clean Bald look
6. You can style up new growth with colour ,twists or designs.
15. A great way to make you low hair stand out is by trying boyish cuts.
21. Textured styles, cornrows and fro-hawks are all great ways to keep a natural look interesting.
Box Braids, Updos & Locks
66. Box braids are an excellent style option because you can change it up and style it so many different ways.
74. Braids are versatile. They can be styled in so many ways! That’s what makes them one of my favourite hairdos.
88. Style braids in huge plaits for a sleek effect.
89. Yarn braids are perfect if you want to achieve the dreadlocks look.
91. Stylize your braids with a head wrap.
Nature’s Box Braids aka Dreadlocks.
106. High buns and braided buns are an ultimate must-do with natural hair.
This is the first part of the hair hair ideas post. The next part will be up soonest and will include relaxed hairstyles and weave hair ideas.
Keep coming back for more. This post took me a very long time to complete. Hope it is thorough enough for you. Hope it inspires you and please remember to share with others and help them get through bad hair days.
Thanks for ‘Liking‘ my page and sharing it. If you have hair ideas of your own, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org so that I can share it here. Or if you just tried to do one of the ideas from on here please share the pic with us!
Fashion & Lifestyle blog curated by Lydia Epangue. I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with all things fashionable and who dare to dream just like me! Subscribe to receive updates on more brilliant posts!